|[ What Is Warrior Cats? | Upcoming Books | Warrior Name Generator | Roleplay Chats | Comment Box ]|
Inside The Clans
Inside The Story
My Fan Fiction
My Other Sites
Fun FactsWarrior Cats has many characters and many plot points, and along the way some interesting things have been revealed. The main writers have also revealed certain facts on tour, on their own websites and other place.
This page lists some of the fun facts about the series, its characters and the authors that even the biggest Warrior Cats fans may not know.
There is some extra fun trivia that was exclusive to the Warriors App, this can be viewed here.
Author Facts- The pen name Erin Hunter was chosen, as 'hunter' matched the feral cat theme. It was also chosen so their books would be shelved near the author Brian Jacques, an author they were fond of, and who's books were aimed at the same type of audience they were aiming at.
- Victoria Holme's favorite snack is chocolate.
- Victoria Holme's prefers pancakes to waffles.
- Victoria Holmes has more of a liking towards dogs than cats.
- Victoria Holmes would like to go on tour to to Russia, Japan and Finland because she likes cold places.
- Victoria Holme's favorite Warrior Cats book is Bluestar's Prophecy, and her second favorite is The Darkest Hour.
- Victoria Holme's least favorite Warrior Cats book is Sunset.
- Victoria Holme's favorite cat is Cinderpelt and she would like to have her as a friend.
- Victoria Holme's favorite cat to write about is Jayfeather.
- Victoria Holme likes ThunderClan the most as she feel more connected to it.
- Victoria Holmes relates more to Ravenpaw than any other character.
- Victoria Holmes would choose a different word for motorized vehicles than 'monsters'. It was not her choice and she hates it.
- If Victoria Holmes could choose to be a Clan cat she would be Mousepaw (Small, skinny, short brown fur with black paws and eartips, and green eyes), a Medicine Cat Apprentice in RiverClan. She also said she would also like to be in WindClan, but she can swim better than she can run.
- Kate Cary's favorite cats in the series are Yellowfang and Graystripe, and her favorite Clan is RiverClan.
- If Kate Cary could be in a Clan she would be in RiverClan, and would want to be Leader.
- If Kate Cary could marry a cat it would be Brambleclaw.
- Kate Cary's favorite villain is Tigerstar.
- Kate Cary's favorite Warrior name is Birchfall.
- Kate Cary wrote Into the Wild on a Mac.
- Kate Cary got for much of her inspiration for ThunderClan territory from walking through the woods beside Loch Lomond in Scotland.
- Kate Cary isn't very fond of blood and gore, so usually the books she writes will not be quite as graphic as the ones written by the other 'Erins'.
- Cherith Baldry's favorite cats in the series are Brambleclaw, Dustpelt, and Leafpool, her favorite Clan is ThunderClan and her favorite book is The Darkest Hour.
- If Cherith Baldry could bring a cat to life it would be Whitestorm or Yellowfang and if she could be married to a Clan cat, she would choose Brambleclaw.
- Cherith Baldry's favorite villain is Hawkfrost.
- Cherith Baldry's favorite Warrior name is Brightheart.
- If Cherith Baldry could make Ravenpaw into a warrior, she would name him Ravenwing.
- Kate Cary's cats Willow, Flower, and Miu-Miu are known for taking naps on her manuscripts.
General Facts- The term 'Clans' and the names ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan, ShadowClan and SkyClan were made by Gray Wing and his Kits as Gray Wing was dieing, named after the leader of each group at the time, Thunder, River Ripple, Wind Runner, Tall Shadow and Clear Sky. Gray Wing felt the term 'groups' did not feel enough to describe the closeness of the camp mates.
- One of the reasons so many cats die, or suffer is because the main author Victoria Holmes dislikes happy endings because they aren't very exciting. She also said that doomed romance is much more fun than happy couples.
- HarperCollins asked Vicky Holmes to give Firestar's housefolk a new cat so his housefolk wouldn't be sad.
- If a Kit dies when its eyes are still closed, its eyes will be open in StarClan.
- If a Queen dies before giving birth, they will probably give birth in StarClan.
- There is a reference to the Rambo movie First Blood in The New Prophecy book Midnight and an almost direct quote from Gladiator in The New Prophecy book Sunrise.
- The herb information was taken from a book called 'Culpeper's Herbal' which was written by a physician called Nicolas Culpeper in the 1600s.
- The forest territory was originally inspired by the New Forest in England. However only as a basis, there are no landmarks in the forest that match those from the Warrior Cats series.
- The Moonstone is actually some sort of crystal.
- The book Sunrise was originally called 'Cruel Season', but this was changed to Sunrise because HarperCollins felt the title was too dark.
- The cover art of Crookedstar's Promise originally had a accurate depiction of Crookedstar's crooked jaw, but Harper Collins felt it was not appealing to readers and changed the image so it did not show his crooked jaw.
- The beavers in The Fourth Apprentice were brought to the area by the Twolegs, as they were wildlife scientists who wanted to re-introduced beavers to the area and stayed nearby to record their progress.
- Vicky Holmes said that SkyClan and the Tribe Of Rushing Water probably have their own versions of the Dark Forest.
- Unlike StarClan who glow with stars in their pelts and are restored to their prime after death, the members of The Tribe of Endless Hunting seem to fade as they age joining as the age they were when they died, and also keeping any injury's or disabilities they had in life.
Character Facts- The original Clan Leaders took their names from the part of the forest where they lived: Shadow lived in the dark pinewoods, Wind lived on the breezy moor, Sky loved climbing the tallest trees, Thunder lived near the thunderpath, and River lived by the river. However this was contradicted in the 'Warriors App' which states:
ThunderClan's first leader, Thunder, earned his name because he used storms to his advantage, hunting during the loudest thunderclaps which confused the prey.
However, this was contradicted again, as the official answer to Thunder's name was revealed in 'The Sun Trail'. Thunder's mother was called storm, who died trying to protect her Kits in a building that was being demolished by Twolegs. Turtle Tail came up with the name by saying:
"He was born of Storm, in the midst of a storm of stones and dust, yet he has survived."
- Graywing, also known as Graywing the Wise, was the first unofficial Leader of WindClan, however Wind later became the first true Leader.
- Wind was the one who came up with the idea of a mentor system for young cats.
- Victoria Holmes once joked that Thistleclaw originally went to StarClan, but supposedly was chased out by Bluestar when she later joined its ranks. However she later confirmed that he was really in the Dark Forest all along.
- Bluestar was original going to be named Moonstar.
- Firepaw and Spottedleaf both loved each other secretly, however Spottedleaf was roughly two years older than him, which works out at roughly twenty four cat years / moons.
- Dustpelt was actually litter-mates with Ravenpaw but would never admit it.
- Tigerclaw was originally going to be called Hammerclaw. It never occurred to Vicky that cats wouldn't know what hammers were until someone mentioned it just before the book went to print. Tigerclaw was chosen in a rush, and she didn't fell it suited him as well as Hammerclaw.
- Tigerstar was welcomed by StarClan because he had great leadership qualities, and he made ShadowClan as strong and fearsome as they wanted to be. So he was definitely given all his nine lives.
- When Scourge sliced his claws through Tigerstar, he struck 9 major organs, each one enough to kill Tigerstar on its own. So he bled to death from his veins, his lungs were punctured, his heart was ripped open, his liver was damaged, etc.
- Scourge killing Tigerstar wasn't just a cold-blooded murder after Tigerstar turned on him. Scourge had actually joined Tigerstar so he could get his revenge for when Tigerpaw (Tigerstar when he was an apprentice) had attacked and scared Scourge (Known as Tiny at the time) when he was a young lost cat who wondered into ThunderClan. Scourge was the only cat who seemed to remember this (not even Tigerstar himself) and killing Tigerstar was his long awaited revenge.
- Boulder was actually the one who suggested allying with Scourge and the Twoleg cats when Tigerstar revealed his plans to take over the forest, although he likely didn't suspect what Scourge had in store for him.
- Tigerstar was actually a descendant of SkyClan, so by his belief of killing half Clan cats, he should have killed himself.
- In Tigerstar's nine lives ceremony, he was told by Cedarstar:
"You bring enough courage, strength, and vengeance in yourself. It is the duty of StarClan to give you lives for what you might lack, to make your leadership fair for all cats in your care"
However if this is always the case, cats such as Firestar who received lives such as Compassion to not support this. Perhaps this was only the case for Tigerstar as he was a special case.
- Firestar is actually related to Scourge. They share the same father (Jake, a Kittypet) and are therefore half-brothers.
- Brokenstar was actually named after his mother, Yellowfang's broken heart, not his bend tail.
- Tallstar was named after his long tail.
- Crookedstar was originally named Stormkit, after the storm he was born in.
- Crookedstar was made a warrior in a unusual ceremony where Hailstar was planning to take back sunningrocks. He said "I want Crookedpaw in the patrol to claim back sunning rocks, no I want Crookedjaw."
- Rainflower was sorry for how she treated Crookedstar, and made up with him in StarClan.
- Leopardstar actually died from diabetes.
- Cloudtail has never believed in StarClan, Brightheart his mate respects him but still has faith in StarClan herself.
- Honeyfern was killed to give a reason for bringing deathberries into camp.
- Heavystep was mistakenly killed off three different times. He died of greencough twice in both cases he was later listed in the allegiances as alive, and once his death was unmentioned, but his name was removed from the allegiances so it was assumed he died again of old age or illness.
- Squirrelflight requested Hollyleaf's Warrior name, so that she could be named after her true mother Leafpool.
- Brambleclaw was originally planned to be 100% evil, but Victoria Holmes was persuaded to give him a chance being Leader of ThunderClan and after looking back at his life felt that he deserved it and was really a loyal and brave Warrior.
- Brambleclaw and Sorreltail were named after Cherith Baldry's cats Bramble and Sorrel and apparently behave just like they do in the books.
- Brightspirit, Braveheart and Shiningheart were originally from SkyClan.
- Hollyleaf's Kit name was chosen by Squirrelflight as her pelt was like the colour of holly bark. However Leafpool had wanted to name her after their father Crowfeather, but Squirrelflight said that if she were to become their new mother, she should have a say, and Leafpool agreed reluctantly.
- Jayfeather's Kit name was for his blue eyes which were the colour of a jay's wing, his full Medicine Cat name was named after his father Crowfeather, although he would not have realized this until he learned who his father was later.
- Heathertail was originally suppose to fall in love, but no one matched up to her first love Lionblaze, so she never did.
- Lionblaze has SkyClan blood, and was actually a relative(although a distant one) to Tigerstar after all.
- Squirrelflight was originally planned to be barren but this was later changed (or perhaps always intended). It is now said that Yellowfang lied to her about it so that she would take Leafpool's kits instead.
- Dovewing became the third cat in the prophecy of three, however she does not fit the title of 'Kin of your kin' as she is actually Firestar's kin's kin's kin, not his kin's kin as the prophecy said.
- Hollyleaf was originally meant to be one of Three.
- Ivypaw / Ivypool was named after Victoria Holmes friends daughter Ivy Poole.
- Leafpaw and Squirrelpaw's special link was fostered by StarClan because they knew Squirrelpaw would be traveling far from the forest and they needed a cat at home who knew what she was going through.
- 'The Ultimate Guide' states that Hollyleaf supposedly never actually intended to kill Ashfur, more to warn him, she struck him and he fell into the stream blood flowing from his wound and she knew he was beyond saving. However Jayfeather also said that when he looked into her thoughts, Ashfur's death had been deliberately planned for the sake of ThunderClan, so who really knows what she was thinking?
- Yellowfang told Jayfeather (In The Forgotten Warrior) that Leafpool was forbidden from using her Medicine Cat knowledge after what she did. However she didn't seem to do anything when Firestar appointed her Medicine Cat while Jayfeather traveled to the mountains (In Sign Of the Moon).
- Sol was once a Kittypet known as Harry.
- Sol's prediction of the sun vanishing was just chance, he had only intended to scare the cats of the forest by warning them of a coming darkness to shake their faith in StarClan, he had never expected for the sun to actually vanish.
- Midnight told Sol the secrets of the Clans and sent him to them to test their faith in StarClan. She knew that the war with the Dark Forest was approaching and knew they needed to have faith in StarClan if they wished to survive.
- Victoria Holmes originally had the idea to turn Midnight into the 'Ultimate Baddie', but he editor Erica talked her out of it.
- Victoria Holmes believes Tigerstar is the strongest Warrior. Lionblaze's powers do not count, Tigerstar was the strongest Warrior in the entire series.
- In The Last Hope Sorreltail's Kits were almost forgotten about. Kate remembered at the last minute and quickly edited them into the story two days before the book went to print.
- Dovewing apparently chose Bumblestripe as her mate instead of Tigerheart in the end.
- Ivypool apparently got a mate after The Last Hope.
- Lionblaze and Cinderheart apparently have Kits after The Last Hope.
- Ferncloud was chosen to be killed off because so many fans complained about her being in the nursery all the time. So she died protecting the nursery to save the Kits, to prove that she could fight as ferociously as any Warrior.
- Firestar's death scene had already been written / planned many years before The Last Hope.
- Firestar died from his wounds after fighting Tigerstar, not from the falling tree.
- Rock and Midnight knew each other since before the Clans and modern Tribe Of Rushing Water existed.
- Midnight is actually dead, and is a ghost.
- Rock is dead and is more of a spirit, than a ghost.
- During Bramblestar's nine lives ceremony Firestar told him:
"StarClan chooses the moment it wishes us to join them. My lives were long and full, and I had so much happiness. And I chose the best deputy I could have, knowing that you would succeed me one day"
However StarClan have suggested previously they are powerless over such things. Does this mean they choose when a Kit dies? Or is this only the case sometimes. Or is this not suppose to be taken literally?
Joke 'Facts'- Jake died when he was apparently struck by a meteorite while sitting on the fence! (Said by Victoria Holmes on her facebook page). Logically however it is assumed he died from old age or in some other way that is common for Kittypets.
- Scourge never went to StarClan or The Dark Forest, apparently 'he just went "poof".' (as quoted from Victoria Holmes facebook page). Logically however it is assumed he went to wherever Kittypets, Rogues and other cats who do not believe in StarClan go when they die.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
This is a non profit Warrior Cats Fan Site and is not associated with Erin Hunter or HarperCollins.
Warrior Cats belongs to Erin Hunter and HarperCollins.